Monday, January 16, 2012

I am not a good patient

Well, it hit us this weekend. Seth and I both had a stomach bug of some kind. We have been mostly healthy for the entire 6 months we have lived in India, until this weekend.  It really was not as bad as it could have been and the kids have not gotten it so far, for which we are very thankful.

I am still down with it and cannot seem to shake it. I am not good at being sick. It just doesn't sit right with me. I want to be able to do what I want/need to do and I get frustrated when my body does not cooperate. Oh well, no amount of complaining will change anything...it is what it is.

On the up side, we had a great relaxing weekend and I am so glad the kids are old enough to fend for themselves, so to speak. There was no shortage of movies watched (Step Up 3 was not too bad!) or apple products handled.

We could  not make it to church and so we had a worship time with the family. Seth requested that we all bring a verse and a song that we wanted to share. It was so great! I was amazed at how real the Father was in the simplicity of our time together.

Favorite quote of the weekend from Dakota: "For my funeral, I want to have a dance party and wear purple".

3 comments: